The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
The new tax law is the most comprehensive set of changes to the US tax code since 1986. It will certainly have a major...
The new tax law makes substantial changes to the individual income taxes. Most taxpayers will end up paying less tax, but some will not...
In late December, 2017, the current administration in Washington signed into law the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, the most comprehensive modification of the...
General Government is a budget/audit category of the state government that includes the key functions of the Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch and a...
The activities of the Vermont Department of Labor fall into five categories. This Department manages Vermont’s Unemployment Insurance and Workers Compensation programs and Work...
- State of Vermont37
- Government Structure4
- Key Background Facts & Figures4
- Human Services4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Revenue and Expenditures3
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits3
- Federal Government3
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Vermont's Business Environment0
- Gross Mismanagement & Fraud0
- Social Security & Medicare0