The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
Vermont and its towns rely on property taxes to i) provide for many of the operating and maintenance costs of municipalities, and ii) fund...
According to the US Census Bureau, Vermont had 335,224 housing units in 2017 with a median value of $218,900. Approximately 70% of these housing...
Vermont’s economic performance continued to improve nicely in 2018. This article will review key economic performance indicators, including employment, wages, house prices and total...
In fiscal year 2017, 34% of Vermont’s total state government revenues were federal grants. These grants are the single largest source of revenue for...
- State of Vermont57
- Federal Government28
- Government Structure9
- Key Background Facts & Figures8
- Revenue and Expenditures8
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare5
- Human Services4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government Military Machine4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits3
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path3
- Corporate Welfare3
- Vermont Elections3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Revenue & Expenditures1