The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
There’s a very thin line between fear and greed. As March 2020 unfolded, the financial markets began to unravel. Investors of all stripes simply wanted...
The federal government’s stimulus programs were intended for businesses that truly needed the money to keep afloat. Unfortunately, many simply saw this support as...
As Winston Churchill once said, “Never let a good crisis go to waste”. This must have been the attitude of our tax code writers and...
In the previous articles, The Informed Vermonter reviewed the major federal legislation passed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. In total, this legislation provided...
In 2009, Congress and President Obama passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to pump $831 billion into the economy to mitigate the devastating...
- State of Vermont72
- Federal Government36
- Key Background Facts & Figures12
- Revenue and Expenditures11
- Government Structure9
- COVID-19 Pandemic8
- Human Services6
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare5
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government Military Machine4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path3
- Corporate Welfare3
- Vermont Elections3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Revenue & Expenditures1