The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
The US has an aging population that is forecast to drive Medicare costs higher in the years ahead: much higher. Each year, the Medicare Trustees...
Medicare is the second pillar of the US retirement security system. It is a national health insurance program for people aged 65 and older...
The Social Security program is going bust. There are four dedicated sources of revenue that fund Social Security: a) payroll taxes, b) a portion of...
Social Security is the foundation of the country’s retiree income safety net. About 60 million people are now beneficiaries under the program and, for...
Each year, the Government Accountability Office outlines government programs that represent high levels of fiscal risk and each year the list is pretty much...
- State of Vermont50
- Federal Government17
- Government Structure9
- Revenue and Expenditures8
- Key Background Facts & Figures5
- Human Services4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path0
- Federal Government Military Machine0