The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
The State government made a number of changes to Vermont’s tax code in 2018, some of which related to the federal Tax Cut and...
Following a small decline in tax revenues in fiscal year 2017, Vermont’s tax revenues shot up sharply in fiscal year 2018. Total tax revenues...
As discussed in the prior article, state governments tend to spend their money on the same things, with only the amounts spent differing from...
Does the state government of Vermont spend too much money, not enough or just the right amount? Is all this money being spent on...
In the fiscal year ended June 30, 2018, the government of the State of Vermont had total audited expenditures of $6.1billion, up $156.5 million...
- State of Vermont66
- Federal Government28
- Key Background Facts & Figures12
- Revenue and Expenditures11
- Government Structure9
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare5
- Human Services4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government Military Machine4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits3
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path3
- Corporate Welfare3
- Vermont Elections3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Revenue & Expenditures1