The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
With tax revenues down 1.8% in fiscal year 2017, the state government had to rely more heavily on government service charges, which increased by...
The National Association of State Budget Officers (“NASBO”) collects state government spending and revenue data from all 50 states and then summarizes the information...
In fiscal year 2017, the government of the State of Vermont had total audited expenditures of $5.9 billion, up $246 million over fiscal year...
All in all, Vermont had a pretty good year in 2017. Total personal income increased, the unemployment rate dropped below 3% and, for the...
One way way to create jobs and enhance opportunities is to grow businesses in Vermont. There are many factors that determine business formation rates in...
- State of Vermont43
- Revenue and Expenditures6
- Key Background Facts & Figures5
- Government Structure4
- Human Services4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits3
- Federal Government3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Gross Mismanagement & Fraud0
- Social Security & Medicare0
- Unsustainable Fiscal Path0