The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
The Informed Vermonter has long wondered when the country would begin to worry about consistent and unsustainable federal deficits and the resulting mountain of...
The government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, both at the state and federal level, required higher spending and will result in lower revenues. Basically,...
In April, the unemployment rate in Vermont went from 3.1% to 16.5%. Nothing like this has happened since the Great Depression. This article will discuss...
Vermont’s response to the coronavirus pandemic was decisive in the lockdown phase and cautious in the reopening. From a pure public health perspective, this...
Within our system of government, responsibility for public health lies mostly on the shoulders of state and local governments. Given the current Administration’s reluctance...
- State of Vermont76
- Federal Government36
- COVID-19 Pandemic13
- Key Background Facts & Figures12
- Revenue and Expenditures11
- Government Structure9
- Human Services6
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare5
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path4
- Federal Government Military Machine4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Corporate Welfare3
- Vermont Elections3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Revenue & Expenditures1