The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
The vast majority of US citizens pay the federal taxes that they legally owe. Most people earn a wage and taxes are withheld from...
An Improper Payment is a payment by the federal government to someone outside the government who shouldn’t receive the payment or who uses the...
Audits form the bedrock of the private sector. Without accurate, factual and independently verified financial information, there would be no bank lending, no trade...
The US federal government is the largest single enterprise on the planet. It employs about 2.8 million people, has the largest armed forces on...
Government Structure: 5. The Many Independent Agencies and Government Sponsored Entities of the US...
In addition to the three branches of government, there are a large number of “Independent Agencies” and “Government Sponsored Entities” that play a very...
- State of Vermont50
- Federal Government12
- Government Structure9
- Revenue and Expenditures8
- Key Background Facts & Figures5
- Human Services4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits3
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare0
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path0
- Federal Government Military Machine0