The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
In 2009, Congress and President Obama passed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act to pump $831 billion into the economy to mitigate the devastating...
COVID-19 Pandemic: 3. Federal Government Response. Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”)
Around the world, 127 countries require employers to provide paid sick leave for one week or more. The United States is not one of...
COVID-19 Pandemic: 2. Federal Government Response. The Coronavirus Preparedness and Response Supplemental Appropriations...
On February 24, 2020, the White House sent congress a request for $2.5 billion to combat the COVID-19 pandemic. In a few short weeks,...
The COVID-19 Pandemic is the greatest public health challenge faced by the United States since the Spanish Flu ravaged the country in multiple waves...
- State of Vermont72
- Federal Government32
- Key Background Facts & Figures12
- Revenue and Expenditures11
- Government Structure9
- Human Services6
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare5
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government Military Machine4
- COVID-19 Pandemic4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path3
- Corporate Welfare3
- Vermont Elections3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Revenue & Expenditures1