The Informed Vermonter is a non-profit website with a simple objective. It seeks to help fellow Vermonters become better informed so they can be more discerning voters.
- What does the government of the State of Vermont do?
- How much money does the government spend?
- Where does the government get its money?
- How does the State of Vermont compare to the rest of the country?
In addition to managing Vermont’s healthcare programs, the Agency of Human Services provides most of Vermont’s social services and financial assistance programs via the...
Healthcare spending, principally Medicaid, is the single largest annual expense of the Vermont state government. In fiscal year 2018, total Medicaid spending was $1.68...
Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits: 4. Vermont’s Pension and Other Post-Employment Benefit Liabilities 2018
The Vermont state government’s largest set of liabilities relate to pensions and other post-employment benefits. Over the last two years, these liabilities and their...
The State government made a number of changes to Vermont’s tax code in 2018, some of which related to the federal Tax Cut and...
- State of Vermont69
- Federal Government28
- Key Background Facts & Figures12
- Revenue and Expenditures11
- Government Structure9
- Human Services6
- Federal Government: Social Security & Medicare5
- Vermont Employee Retirement Benefits4
- Debt and Other Liabilities4
- Vermont Campaign Finance4
- Federal Government: Incompetence, Gross Mismanagement & Fraud4
- Federal Government Military Machine4
- Protection to Persons & Property3
- Commerce & Community Development3
- Federal Government: Unsustainable Fiscal Path3
- Corporate Welfare3
- Vermont Elections3
- Vermont's Business Environment2
- Natural Resources1
- Act 2501
- General Government1
- Federal Revenue & Expenditures1